Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jambu Muffins


I'm making the most of the jamun season (jambu in Dimasa). Sharing them with the birds, friends and family, as well as incorporating these lovely berries in my cooking. Today I made these muffins using the ripest ones. The ripest also means the deepest of purples and the sweetest.:) 

Ingredients:-

1 cup jamun with the seeds removed
100 grams butter, melted
100 grams fine sugar
2 large eggs
A quarter cup cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
One and a half cups flour, sieved
One teaspoon baking powder sieved with the flour

Method:-

Pre-heat the oven. Mix the wet ingredients together (I used an egg whisk) and gradually add all the dry ingredients till fully incorporated. The berries were added last and folded into the mixture. With a tablespoon fill the muffin cases, a little above the halfway mark. I used a muffin mould where I placed the cases. Bake at 170* C for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Blending Flavours is on Facebook. Hope you stop by and check out my page. Thank you!
Post a Comment