About 200 grams okra
Half a coconut, grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Half a teaspoon jaggery
A bit of tamarind extract (one can always taste and add more or less)
About 2 teaspoons sambar powder
Salt to taste
Some chopped coriander leaves
Half a teaspoon mustard seeds
9-10 curry leaves
A pinch of hing
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion till golden brown. Let it cool.
- Combine coconut, jaggery, the fried onion,tamarind, coriander, and sambar powder and grind in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, curry leaves, and the hing. Then add the ground paste.
- Cook for a while and then add the okra and the salt as well.
- Keep cooking till the okra is done.