|Elephant apples, serrated coriander, radishes, beans, okra, gourd, squash (chayote), cucumber, pumpkin, and chillies|
I finally settle for this green pumpkin, chop up half of it leaving the skin on and combine it into the pork dish.
|Pork and pumpkin cooked with a mix of spices|
|Both the dishes have all the zing that can make your meal enjoyable!|
500 grams pork
700 grams pumpkin, chopped into bite-size pieces
4 large onions, grated
10-12 cloves of garlic, roughly pounded
1" piece of ginger, coarsely ground
8-10 hot green chillies, chopped
A tablespoon of coriander seeds, roasted and ground
A teaspoon of coarsely grated pepper
1 turmeric leaf, chopped
A quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder
2 large tomatoes, quartered
Salt to taste
Serrated coriander, chopped (for the garnish)
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan and when it becomes really hot, throw in a few fatty portions of pork. Very soon the oil will separate.
- Add the onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add the rest of the meat and the rest of the ingredients except the coriander and the tomatoes. Continue cooking till the oil separates.
- When the meat is half done, add the chopped pumpkin pieces. Keep cooking stirring not too often. Also add the tomatoes.
- At this point you can add about a cup of water.The dish should have very little gravy.
- When the curry becomes a homogeneous mix, remove from the fire. Garnish with finely chopped serrated coriander.