Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tiny Fruit Puddings


The idea of this pudding came from a food show on TV. Although I didn't have all the ingredients, I went ahead to create my own version. I had a cranberry and blueberry preserve in my fridge, some tinned cherries left over from a dinner a few night's ago, orange liqueur that I had made last winter, an orange...ah well, might as well! 

It looked as if these could come together and produce results!!
Half a bottle of preserve (I used a mix of cranberry and blueberry from a bottle that weighed 284 grams)
The juice of one small orange
A teaspoon of orange rind
2 tablespoons of orange liqueur
2 eggs
140 grams flour sieved with a teaspoon of baking powder
100 grams fine sugar
About 75 grams butter+ extra for greasing the ramekins
About two tablespoons of tinned cherries (pitted)
Hot water for the oven tray
Grease-proof paper
Silver foil


  • Heat the preserve along with orange juice in a pan. 
  • Grease the ramekins with butter. I used six small ramekins.
  • Spoon a mix of the heated preserve and the tinned cherries on the base of the ramekins. Keep aside. 
  • Let the fruit mix cool down a bit before you add the dry ingredients to it. 
  • Then gradually add the wet ingredients along with the eggs. Mix well.
  • Use a tablespoon and transfer the mix to the ramekins. Fill a little more than halfway.
  • Cover each ramekin with greaseproof paper and then with foil.
  • Put them in a 165* oven. Pour hot water on the oven tray and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
  • Remove, let them cool down a bit before turning them upside down on a serving plate.
  • Spoon some of the preserve over the puddings and serve with cream.

A little heavy-handed with the preserve!
The taste was just all right. The original recipe had breadcrumbs (as well as the flour) but I didn't have any breadcrumbs when I wanted to create this dish. So the puddings were a little dense. The next time I make them I would surely love a lighter version.


Thank you for stopping by today. Blending Flavours is on Facebook. Would love to have you visit and Like my page!
Post a Comment