Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Strawberry & Hung Curd Tart

Strawberry and hung curd tart
Looks like there's going to be a lot of baking this month. With shortcrust pastry, a bit of the dough gets left over and I use that for the recipe that had been on my mind but never got around to actually baking it. The time has come...:) I was wondering how to use the strawberries still left in my fridge but an earlier issue of Good Food came to my rescue. I made my own adaptations. In most cases adaptation is a euphemism for ingredients that are beyond our reach unless we travel to bigger cities and in some cases the same word will also mean being innovative! In this recipe it surely stands for the former. The recipe included mascarpone but since I didn't have any, I made do with just the hung curd.
Strawberries from Shillong

Ingredients:
300 grams hung curd
100 ml double cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
About 500 grams strawberries, hulled and halved

I used shortcrust pastry that I had in the fridge. It was enough for an 8 inch tart tin. I baked it blind at 190C for 15 minutes without trimming the edges. Then I removed the beans and baked it for another ten minutes. After it cooled down I trimmed the edges.

For the filling, whiz the hung curd, icing sugar, vanilla extract and double cream until thick. Spoon into the cooled pastry case and level. Top with the strawberries (leaving some for the puree) and chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
Blitz the remaining strawberries with the icing sugar. Check the sweetness. Just before serving, spoon it over the tart.

Thank you for stopping by today. Do check out my Facebook page too!

Post a Comment