Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chocolate Mousse


Today's recipe was chosen from a tiny book titled "Everyday Chocolate". The recipe isn't everyday for me as mousse is something I don't make often. Rose water was included in the recipe but I added a tablespoon of dissolved instant coffee. I changed the white chocolate into dark but the rest of the measurements for the ingredients remain the same. Since the cooler days are around the corner I think I should stock up on chocolate and almonds.:) I was also dying to use my chai glasses.

Ingredients:
Serves 6
250 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
100 ml milk
300 ml double cream
2 egg whites
1 tbs of dissolved instant coffee
Place the dark chocolate and the milk in a saucepan and heat gently until the chocolate has melted.
Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
Place the cream and the coffee in a separate bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
Whisk the egg whites in a separate spotlessly clean bowl until stiff but not dry.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the dark chocolate, then fold in the egg whites.
Spoon the mixture into 6 small glasses or dishes. Chill for at least 8 hours or overnight to set.
For the decoration which is optional.
Melt 115 grams of white chocolate broken into pieces.
Let it cool and then pour evenly over the mousses.
Stand until the chocolate has hardened, then decorate with rose petals before serving.

Post a Comment