Monday, November 24, 2014

The Great Food Show @ The Grand, Delhi


Regular visitors to this page know about all the inspiration that I get from BBC Good Food/India magazine. I'm in Delhi now spending time with my sons. As luck would have it, The Great Food Show (Good Food was a co-partner) happened at The Grand here in Delhi. I spent the entire day there on the first day looking/buying the produce sold, as well as attending the master classes by some of India's best-known celebrity chefs. The line-up was impressive and I stayed on for four of these classes. But more on that in my future post.

The best macarons, cookies and chocolates were at Sugarama. People queued up here the most. The macarons were out of this world and I liked the vanilla ones the best!

Rama, the man behind such delicious treats! The packaging for the goodies were very pretty too!
Wonderful produce from the Farmer's Market. I bought enough (I think) for the duration of my stay here.:)

I loved the pickles at this stall. Bela, the affable lady had a wonderful array of pickles.
Daulat ki chaat

Saved myself the trip of going to Chandni Chowk in the northern part of the city to gorge on this divine concoction called Daulat ki chaat. I was thrilled to see a stall selling the same and that was the first thing I tasted at the show. Sold only during the winters in the lanes of the old city, this milk dessert literally melts in your mouth. More on this dessert here.

I have already started cooking with some of the goodies I bought at the show. Nuts, oils, rice, dairy products, plenty of cookery books and of course good food were all there!




I'll soon be featuring some of the recipes here. I left as the evening turned chilly and a talented musician took over the stage. It was a day well spent.
Post a Comment